Travel Fuels Life Podcast and Show Notes
Working With a Bespoke Travel Agent (Ep. 10)
Are you like me and you've spent your life avoiding travel agents because you think you can get a better deal on your own, you enjoy planning and don't want to give it up, or because you think its going to cost you more? Well, I needed some schooling on the subject, so I invited Jessica and Samuel Bouter of Away On Voyage to discuss the purpose of using a travel agent, and specifically a bespoke travel agent.
In this episode we'll discuss:
- Meeting at the travel club
- Orient Express route
- Northern Italy and Venice
- Romainian accent
- Differences in travel agents (Bespoke travel)
- How do you differ from traditional agencies?
- the differences between planning for agent vs planning for someone else
- Why use a travel agent?
- Fitting to personality
- Relationships with vendors
- Relationships with destinations (hotels, events)
- Relationships with local guides (website says you’re looking)
- Cost difference / Perks? Upgrades
- Help while on the road - desperate calls!
- Travel insurance? Health (Mexico)
- How an agent makes money?
- School groups, weddings, family reunions, couple's retreat
- Why book a cruise through an agent?
- Where do you find the dividing line between choosing a bespoke, standard travel agent or DIY?
- How you see your own travels changing with a growing family
- Jessica and Samuel's Website (Away on Voyage)