Travel Fuels Life Podcast and Show Notes
Starting an Italian Villa and Enjoying Southern Italy (Ep. 19)
Join me this week as I talk with Paul Cappelli and Steven Crutchfield, two American entrepreneurs who decided to turn their Italian Villa into a business. We'll also talk about some of the quirks that Italians find interesting about Americans and vice versa. Also, we have some outtakes on our YouTube channel about delicious Italian foods you should try, issues with learning Italian, and what riled some people up about Paul and Steven's podcast.
Items We Discuss:
- What inspired Paul and Steven to open this villa?
- How did they make the transition?
- How difficult was it getting the business established?
- The art of schmoozing
- Channeling Martha Stewart
- Experiencing living in Italy instead of staying at a hotel
- How to spend your time in Puglia
- "Drop the pasta"
- The dinner issue in Italy for Americans
- Food allergies
- Pointing to the mitten and the boot
- Is driving a good way to get around? And the Italian driver YouTube videos.
- Highway driving versus city driving
- The worst thing about American drivers
- Spaghetti westerns, James Bond, and Wonder Woman
- Things Americans find quirky about Italians
- Things Italians find quirky about Americans
- How coffee can save you an expensive ticket
- Italian cup holders
- Fishy Coca-Cola
- Getting in the mindset of espresso
Get Bonus Coverage on YouTube
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for more exclusive content.
- To rent the villa for a vacation or special event, head to VCVilla.com
- For a taste of Italy no matter where you are, head to VillaCappelli.com
- Also, for travel tips, recipes and the like they can enjoy or blog and podcast both called LivingVillaCappelli.com
- Bari International Airport (Google Map)
- Puglia Polignano a Mare (Google Map)
- Red Bull Cliff Diving website
- Via del Monte, Angri, Province of Salerno, Italy (Wonder Woman)
Share on Pinterest