Travel Fuels Life Podcast and Show Notes
Gabriele Marweski | Meet a Female Solo Adventure Traveler - Part 2 (Ep. 1b)
This is Part 2. If you missed it, check out Part 1 here.
Many of us will be hesitant to step out of our comfort zone and travel solo. For 64-year old female solo traveler Gabriele, this has become a normal way of life. From walking The Camino in Spain and France, to a pilgrimage across Germany and the Czech Republic, or her solo biking adventures in Ireland and group travel in Madagascar, Gabriele will inspire you to step out of your comfort zone and take that journey you've always wanted to take.
In this episode, after a brief introduction to Travel Fuels Life, Gabriele and I will discuss:
- A progression through Gabriele's journeys
- 2001 walking trip to India and Himalayas
- Making friends with a sheepherding family
- Anticipating the Continental Divide bike ride
- The process of planning for a 2 1/2 month journey
- Solo vs Group Trips and adjusting
- Russian Adventure via Florence, Italy
- Finding an Uber at the base of Bryce Canyon
- Biking in Ireland and following people's recommendations
- Barriers to language and how you dress
- To GPS or not to GPS
- How to afford all of this travel
- Advice for getting started
- Dealing with fear
Gabriele Marewski's Presence Online
Group Travel Biking
Also, thank you to Marilyn Ball and Randy Houston of Speaking of Travel at WWNC and iHeart for introducing me to Gabriele.
SUBSCRIBERS AND RATINGS HELP US GROW
Remember, we'd love to have you rate and subscribe to the show on your favorite app! Good ratings and subscribers help me bringing in great guests. Thanks!