Travel Fuels Life Podcast and Show Notes
How to Plan a Trip to The Galapagos Islands (Ep. 33)
Lori and Sylvio of VoyageWriters.com join me to discuss all things Galapagos. Ever thought about taking a trip there? They've got some great advice from their own travels and will help you avoid some mistakes you could potentially make.
In this episode we'll discuss:
- Recent travels to Vancouver and Mexico City
- Flying to TBEX in Billings, Montana
- Maple on the Map Radio Show
- The origins and philosophy of Voyage Writers
- Why Galapagos? And why now?
- The experience of the wildlife and the landscapes
- How long should someone plan on being in the Galapagos Islands?
- History and biodiversity
- Getting around Galapagos
- Having a certified guide to get around
- The fees, regulations, and restrictions
- Finch Bay Lodge and National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World
- The wildlife seen
- Observational distance
- Controlled tourism
- No plastic, no dirt, no food, and large fines for violations
- Health Insurance requirement and importance of travel insurance
- Do you need spending money and if so, what kind, and where do you get it?
- Using an agency versus doing it on a budget and DIY
- The cost of the trip (with Ecuador included)
- Best time of the year to visit
- The landscapes of the islands from desert to tropical jungle
- Waiting lists?
- Hitting the 7 continents, Thailand and South Africa
- Flying to the Arctic
- What kind of camera to take
- Government link to restrictions (see episode resources below)
- Vicky and Buddy the Monkey - Thanks for the advice on Miami and Miami Beach
- RoadTrip Couple - Thanks for sharing the Ireland podcast episode on Twitter
WHISKEY LORE LINKS
- Official Whiskey Lore Blog and Page
- Whiskey Lore YouTube Channel (Subscribe - thanks!)
- Whiskey Lore Instagram (Photos, Stories and IGTV episodes)