Travel Fuels Life Podcast and Show Notes
How To Live In Europe For 9 Months Each Year (Ep. 32)
For those of us that have some interest in living abroad for an extended period of time, it was time for me to invite some guests on who could help us understand how we could do it. Greg and Betsy Ball sold their house in Texas and now travel Europe 9 months out of the year. Listen as we cover the following:
- The lake house in Quebec and the "dry" heat of Texas
- Retiring early to travel
- Dealing with the Schengen Zone
- First time doing 9 months in Europe
- Enjoying the non-Schengen countries
- Picking grapes and making gin
- Working with WOOF without a work visa
- Living with locals
- Taking part in every facet of a winery
- Looking down the same hill as Napoleon
- Getting around when you don't own a car
- Does learning a language get you wanting to stick to that destination?
- The advantage of not being able to read signs
- Chuck Norris vs Communism
- Architectural oddities
- What is Workaway?
- Experiencing the slower pace
- What did you have for lunch?
- Trusted Home Sitters
- Cool perks with some people you sit for
- Ever without a place to stay?
- How EuroTravel Coach helps clients get comfortable with traveling
- Being comfortable with who you're working
- Canadian flags to Americans
- Quebec and the misconceptions
- What are the biggest concerns for new travelers?
- The Cold War movie